A great achievement by James King, Andrew Duffin, Tim Swan and Paul Murray, who recently completed 72 holes of golf to raise money for the Cancer Council. The group raised over $6,000 for cancer research, with most of the money raised coming from our very generous members supporting the Longest Day of Golf and the many raffles at the club. Well done guys…
Longest Day Statistics
• Oxley GC staff Tim Swann, Andrew Duffin, James King along with member Paul Murray participated in the Cancer Council Australia’s – The Longest Day
• Playing 72 holes in one day, Tuesday 17 December
• The group ‘Oxley Fast Fore’ teed off at 4.35am with one team member arriving 5mins late (James)
• The Longest Day Nationally was Monday Dec. 16th, however with as the Oxley Vets had a shotgun start so the team played Tuesday. Lucky as temperature were over 40 degrees Monday!
• Played 2 rounds, had a 30min intermission to shower and change clothes, before completing the final two rounds
• The last putt dropped on the 72nd hole at 6.15pm
• The team raised over $6,600 mostly from member donations …. $1700 was raised through the Closing Day Presidents v Captain raffle
• Prizes for the raffle were largely donated at no cost from suppliers and the local community
• Nationally the campaign has raised over $1.2 million
• Incredibly Andrew Duffin finished -5 under par for the 4 rounds. Shooting -2 in the final round.
• Thank you to the support team of Amanda Murray who was there all day and Wayne Dawson who only left to get Tim a Bacon and Egg Burger
• Thank you to the members who came out to watch through the day
« Back to previous page